Wetlands & Watershed Festival
Free Family Fun
Discover Your Watershed!
We’re hosting the annual Wetlands & Watershed Festival on Saturday, November 4th from 10 am to 2 pm! This festival is a free community event dedicated to creating memorable learning experiences for the whole family! Scroll to see festival details!
We are also hosting Blackbirds & Bees on Friday, November 3rd. Join staff for a guided sunset tour of Clayton County Water Authority’s constructed treatment wetlands followed by an outdoor showing of The Last Bumblebee, a documentary filmed in Washington and Georgia all about bumblebee conservation. More details coming soon!
- Story Walk – Come meet some cool characters out on Boardwalk Trail. Our friends are thrilled to tell you their best stories. Walks start every 15-20 minutes. (Free!)
- Family Portraits – Have your family’s portrait taken by a professional photographer in a natural setting. Portraits will be printed on-site. (Free!)
- Find Your Watershed – Find your watershed with Finding the Flint & join your team on the Atlanta Creek League. (Free!)
- Face Painting – Choose your favorite plant or animal from our flash sheet & show it off all day! (Free!)
- Raffle – Prizes include a 4-hour guided trip with Okefenokee Adventures, gift certificates to Ocmulgee Outdoor Expeditions, a 4-hour flyfishing experience with River Through Atlanta, and a Crescent Kayaks LiteTackle II. Earn tickets by engaging with exhibitors throughout your time here.
- Community Mural – Share wetlands inspired messages or art on a sticky note and stick it to our community wall. (Free!)
- Live Animals – Meet Georgia animal residents with the Chattahoochee Nature Center. (Free!)
- Games – Play trivia, cornhole, and more with our awesome exhibitors. (Free!)
- Food – Enjoy hamburgers, hotdogs, and various snacks.
- Dance Contest Presentation – More to come on this soon!
- Chattahoochee Nature Center’s On the Road with Reptiles
- Atlanta Creek League & Finding the Flint
- City of Griffin’s Stormwater Team
- Change 4 Hope
- Clayton County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District
- Clayton State University’s Water Lab
- Clayton State University – Bat Biology
- Life Beyond Water
- Clayton County Public Library
- Quail Forever
- Clayton County Water Authority’s Stormwater Team
- Clayton County Water Authority’s Water Quality Lab